The gaming industry is one of the biggest online businesses today. According to reports, the global games market is expected to reach $220.79 billion by the end of 2022. Further, it is expected to be over 500 billion by 2030. This is a 4% increase from 2019. One of the newest and most exciting trends in the gaming industry is non-fungible tokens or NFTs. So the question, “How to make an NFT Game becomes a legitimate question.
The NFT marketplace has brought in a lot of new investors and game creators alike. NFT games are now some of the most popular and profitable games on the market. The emergence of the Blockchain and NFTs brings new and innovative ways you can use NFT games to make money! As a result, players are able to own digital assets with real value. If you’re looking to get into the NFT Game industry or just want to make some extra cash, here’s a guide detailing, how do NFT games make money:
How To Make An NFT Game
The success of your NFT game will come down to the pre-development of the game. This means your ability to think about a game concept, how to execute it, and how to get people to play it.
Creating an NFT game is similar to making any other game. The main difference is that you will need to encode your game as an NFT. The process of how to make NFT Game should not be started without a detailed plan or schema.
Since you love gaming and your goal is to use NFT games to make money you will need to thoroughly develop your plan.
Here is a guide answering the question, “how do NFT games make money:”
Define your NFT game concept
The first step is to do thorough market research about how you can make your NFT game stand out. You need to find a market gap or develop an original concept that will make your game different from the rest.
Your NFT game concept should also be profitable. Consequently, you need to think about how you will generate revenue from your game. Some of the NFT game concepts you can use include:
- Role-playing games
- Card battles
- Metaverse video games
- Player vs. player games
- Arcade games
- Multiplayer online role-playing games
These are some of the most popular and profitable NFT game concepts you can use. You can also come up with your original concept.
Choose a Platform to Launch and Define the blockchain
The next step is to choose a platform to launch your game on and describe the blockchain you will use. You can use many existing blockchains for your game. However, the most popular ones are Ethereum, EOS, Cardano, Polkadot, Polygon, Binance Smart chain, and TRON.
The suitable blockchain will depend on your game type and the data you’ll get from your market research. Here are four key considerations when choosing a blockchain:
- Transaction speed
- Transaction costs
Create front-end designs and game logic
The next step is to create the front-end designs and game logic. This includes everything from the game’s user interface (UI) to how the game works.
You must ensure that your game is easy to understand and use. The UI should be intuitive and user-friendly. Additionally, You will need to ensure that the game logic is sound and that there are no errors.
Develop your NFT game
After you have your designs and game logic fully defined, it’s time to begin developing your game. This includes coding, testing, and deploying the game on a blockchain.
Secondly, you must create avatars and graphics and all the 2D or 3D scenes in the game. This can be a dauting task. I suggest that you look to a freelance marketplace such as fiverr to find reasonably priced assistance.
Finally, set up Web3 authentication using MetaMask or any other Ethereum-compatible browser extension to log in to players and manage their accounts.
Test your game
After you’ve developed your game, it’s important to thoroughly test it before you launch it. This includes testing for bugs and errors and ensuring that the game is balanced and fair. Some of the things to be tested include:
- Alpha and beta testing– You need to do your game’s internal and external testing. Internal testing is done by the development team, while external testing is done by players who are not part of the development team.
- Smart contract testing– You must test your game’s smart contracts to ensure they work as intended.
- Load testing– You must test your game’s performance under different load conditions. This includes testing how the game performs when many players are playing simultaneously.
After you’ve tested the game, you can then launch and promote your game.
How To Make Money With NFT Games
The main catch of NFT games over other regular games is that it allows creators and players to make money. Industry Research predicts that play-to-earn NFT games will experience an annual growth rate of 21% between 2022-2028 taking the market to over $3.6 billion. Here are some ways to use NFT games to make money:
- Play tournaments: You can create or join tournaments with an entry fee. The prize pool will then be distributed to the winners. The NFT game space has several multiplayer or player vs. player game concepts that allow players to compete in tournaments.
- Sell in-game assets: You can create or earn in-game purchases such as weapons, armor, items, etc. These can be sold to other players for a profit. Some NFT games have auction houses where you can list items for sale. Create and sell artwork: You can create artwork.
- Create and sell content: You can create in-game content such as maps, items, and characters and sell them for a profit.
- Stake tokens: Some games allow you to stake your tokens to earn interest. This is similar to how you would stake coins in a DeFi protocol. When you stake NFT tokens, you earn passive income as you’re paid for holding the tokens.
- Participate in game testing: Game testing is the practice of testing games before they are released to the public. Game developers will pay you to test their games and give feedback.
- Join a game development team: You can join an NFT game development team and help create new games. As a team member, you will be paid for your work.
- Become a game moderator: Some moderators in larger game communities are compensated.
NFT games are a new and exciting way to make money. When considering how to make a NFT game and how to make money with nft games, consider the processes listed above. NFT presents countless ways to earn money with NFT games, and as the industry is expected to grow, more ways are sure to emerge.
Tell us, in the comments below your method of how to make an NFT game!
Then finally share your game with the world here. Who knows we may like your game so much that we will help you promote it!
Good Luck NFT Gaming!