Today, there are a lot of apps available in the market all claiming to be the best crypto news app. Most of these apps have alerts which can be quite helpful at times because you can avoid those sinking moments when you miss a big bull run. On the other hand, if a trade starts to go against you you want to be alerted as soon as possible.
Sometimes the sheer number of options makes it hard to decide which of the “best apps to track crypto prices” is best for you. With features like customized news feeds, price alerts, and trade setting alerts it seems the options are limitless.
One thing we have learned when it comes to apps is that one size never fits all. You have your preferences and your neighbor will have their own. The beauty of this technology age is that you can have your cake and eat it too! In this article, we shall present you the top 6 best crypto alert apps with market news and price alert features. Then you can make an informed decision as to which crypto alert app or apps is best for you!
1. CoinMarketAlert – Best Crypto News App & Alerts
CoinMarketAlert is our number one pick as the best crypto news app with a solid reputation that has been around for several years. This app provides you with real-time alerts based on critical news events. You have the option of setting price alerts like price changes, price levels, and numerous other important factors. The app also has important news feeds from top crypto news sources so you can stay up to date with the news.
- Lists multiple crypto assets
- Multiple crypto news feeds
- Alerts on price movements and more
- Not all assets are listed
- Not everyone who has an account also can customize the alerts.
- It was quite expensive. If you don’t need the premium features, you could get away with a free app.
2. Cryptowatch – Best Crypto Alert App
Cryptowatch ranks very high among the top 6 best crypto alert apps featuring reliable price and news alerts. This crypto alert app is very user-friendly and offers a very shallow learning curve. The Cryptowatch alert app gives you all sorts of interesting details like 24-hour high/low, the day’s hot/cold period, and other important data. When you are logged into the app, you can access charts and price alerts based on customizable crypto alert settings:
- The app is easy to use
- Has the ability to customize alerts
- Has a portfolio tool
- Some asset pairs are missing from the list.
- It’s not free. A free app with limited features is also available on GitHub.
3. CoinJoy – Apps to Track Crypto Prices
The CoinJoy app is among the top best apps to track crypto prices available in the market. CoinJoy also has the option to follow other users’ portfolios and trading action if you want to. This feature makes it easier for you to check out how your friends are doing when it comes to their investments.
The prices of leading cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash, Monero, EOS, etc. are available on CoinJoy. Moreover, his app can be used for both crypto and stocks, giving you news related to those. You can also use this app for managing your portfolio.
- A wide variety of assets and a whole lot of other things
- Easy to use
- A news feed for updates
- Some assets are missing from the list
- Not everyone can add alerts. There are restrictions, but if you sign up for a month then you can get the full experience.
4. Cryptopia – Best App for Crypto Price Alerts & Market Analysis
Cryptopia is rated by many traders as the best app for crypto price alerts because it provides interesting details about prices, market analysis, and news related to crypto in general. Some apps don’t make the details behind the price alert as readily accessible as Cryptopia.
Furthermore, their website provides news and reports about price movements for nearly every cryptocurrency in the world. You can also find ATM locations, and learn about local regulations, etc.
- Displays 24 hours price history
- Provides fundamental analysis of coins
- Alerts when the price moves in a particular direction.
- Futures and allows you to trade on it.
- Lists multiple assets and lets you customize them.
- A whole lot of things to do on the app itself.
- No notifications for alerts.
- The app is not free. However, it provides a lot of functionality over a longer period.
5. Coindesk – Best Crypto News App for Market Updates
Coindesk ranks as a superb ap among the best crypto news apps that provide you with news related to the crypto market in general. It also gives you up-to-date information about upcoming events and event announcements. Additionally, the app is also very easy to use so you won’t have anything to worry about after downloading it.
- Lists multiple assets.
- Provides a wide variety of alerts so you always get the latest information.
- News is updated on an hourly basis.
- Alerts are based on at least five types of events like news, price, market, and technical analyses.
- Record historical performance for the past 30 days so you can see how your portfolio has done in the past.
- Lists price changes after a certain time frame so you always have that range filled in your head.
- Not everyone can add alerts.
- Alerts have to be customized.
- Not everyone can add news feeds.
- The app is not free.
6. Blox Tracking Platform – Best Crypto News App for Alerts
Blox is another great app that you can use for managing your portfolio and getting alerts about certain events. You will be able to see the latest news in the crypto space and also get a lot of useful information. We like the Blox crypto alert app’s ease of use. You will find this one of the best apps to track crypto prices due to its ease of use.
- Displays charts so you can see price movement.
- Alerts based on multiple events like news, market & price.
- Alerts are customizable and will let you set up custom alerts when the price moves in a particular direction.
- Covers nearly 150 different crypto assets.
- Provides a wide variety of information about some of the top coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, and more.
- The app is not free.
- Very limited documentation as it does not have a user manual.
- Can only be used for crypto-to-crypto trading if you are not using a wallet.
So, these are the top 6 best crypto news apps with alerts available in the market today. Try out one of these best crypto alert apps and see how much it interests you. There are many other apps in this category but they might not provide you with the best experience. By choosing the right app, you will be able to stay up to date with all the crypto news that is happening in the market.
Don’t just take my word for it! Download any of these apps and try them out and then read all about your favorite crypto news app in our Crypto News Android and iOS article.
Let us know in the comments below which of these best apps to track crypto prices you find useful and which ones you use the most!